My son fell in love two years ago. Seriously, head-over-heals in love. It started as an interest and within weeks it was pretty intense, he couldn’t stop talking about his new love… BASEBALL!
Several weeks ago this eight year-old son heard on sports radio that pitchers and catchers were reporting for spring training and position players were only a couple days away. Instantly we were outside (in the rain) playing catch. Spring training—time to get ready for the season!
I love this season in youth ministry too— are you preparing for what’s next?
- Youth pastors— how are you preparing your team for the next season of ministry?
- Youth workers— what are you doing to better yourself for better engagement, improved methodologies and growth spiritually?
- Student leaders— who is your next mentor to help you develop your skills and unleash your gifts?
I’m pretty pumped about several opportunities for “Spring Training” in my life in the next few weeks.
- Local— our volunteer team from Faith (our church) is getting away for a weekend together. There will be nearly 25 of us sharing a large house, doing life and getting trained for ministry engagement.
- National— at Youth Specialties we are partnering with the youth leaders in Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Christian University for a Team Training Event (YS Team Training with CCUth Collective)
- International— Australia has been on my bucket-list forever and I’m ecstatic to be partnering with the CRC for a one-day leader training and then several churches for leadership training and preaching opportunities.
I love that I get to engage locally, nationally and internationally to prepare for what is next. I hope you’re preparing yourself or your team too!