Several years ago Elisabeth and I started a new tradition at Christmas (though it only lasted 2-3 years), it is one I would like to resurrect here on my blog. It’s Aab-libs. Like Mad-Libs, we created a Christmas letter with a fill-in-the-blank style, your-participation-needed, letter. Since we sent them out we can only assume our friends and family had fun with them. Well, here we are in blog-land, where you can now comment back, I can now read your responses… So, here’s Youthmark’s Aab-Lib #1.
1. Type/write out out a list of words that will be used for this Aab-lib (your “blanks” instructions are provided below).
2. Copy the “Aab-Lib” below into a word/pages doc and replace the blank with your pre-set words.
3. Copy and paste your now completed “Aab-Lib” into the comments on this blog for all others to enjoy.
4. No cheating and changing things to make the story better. Also, don’t cuss or write bad stuff.
5. The one that I like the most gets the prize.
1. Time of Day
2. past tense verb
3. Adjective or Noun
7. A city
8. Mode of transportation
9. A number
10. A Name
12. A dollar amount
13. A place of business
14. A beverage
16. A Meat
17. something you grow
18. A household object
The Aab-Lib “Brian’s Day”
This morning I woke up at _________. As soon as I ____________ out of bed I exclaimed, “_________ is it good to be alive! For breakfast I had ________ and _______. Running a little late, I decided not to kiss the kids goodbye, instead I just gave them a __________. I had a meeting in ______________, so I jumped into my ________ and drove at speeds of ________ mph. I got to the meeting and introduced myself to __________, the person in charge of sales. She took me on a tour of the __________. After the tour we spoke briefly and she told me it would probably cost about ________ to make my event happen there.
After the meeting I went to _________ to get a cup of _______ and to spend some time surfing the __________. Upon returning home I had a quick dinner of ______________ and ____________. Elisabeth and I then drove to an appliance store because we are researching the purchase of a ________.
All-in-all it was a ___________ day.