9. They both are about light shining in darkness!
8. Nobody likes them done “in your face.”
7. For many it’s just a once a year occasion.
6. They are both a little dangerous and adrenaline inducing!
5. Some believe they both should be illegal.
4. They make us look skyward.
3. Some people don’t like them done on their property because the clean-up process afterwards can take too long.
2. They are both better done with friends!
1. Many people prefer to watch “professionals” do it.
I hope you have a great 4th of July celebration. Enjoy time with family and friends and look for opportunities to share life and build relationships with those who do not know Jesus! And not just for this one day of this one week. There are 51 other weeks of the year that we get to do life with our neighbors, coworkers and family members! It really is Mission51!
May our lives display the love of Jesus and may our mouths sound forth the grace of Jesus!
P.S.: Got any other similarities you want to share?