I love the commercial with the Gecko reaching into his wallet for his credit card to pay for a meal…
How about the Cavemen? Classic as commercials. Horrible as a TV show.
Regardless of Geico’s crazy ad themes, the tagline that they drive is their call for you to make a call… “15 minutes can save you 15%”.
This morning I took a few minutes to catch up on some youth ministry blogs. I read this one from my friend, Greg Stier. Greg used the State Farm Insurance “Like A Good Neighbor” tagline to call Christians to not just be good neighbors, but to be great neighbors. To do so he suggests that Christians:
- Get out of your castle (house)
- Pray for your neighbors
- Start a neighborhood spiritual discussion group
- What if you and your kids took 15 minutes to grab your rakes and wheelbarrow when you saw your neighbors attacking their leaves?
- Could you swing by your neighbor-kids soccer game and cheer with mom and dad for the last 15 minutes of their son or daughters game?
- As we approach the holidays, how about doubling a few recipes and take 15 minutes to deliver Thanksgiving pies, cookies or cupcakes to your neighbors with a “This Thanksgiving our family is thankful for you” cards?
- Consistently Pray for people and opportunities (not just for your neighbors, but anywhere and anyone).
- Constantly Practice sharing your story and the gospel, even as a family so when the time comes, you’re ready to give an answer for the hope you have (learn to share the gospel conversationally).
- Courageously Participate when God opens the door for spiritual conversation.